Due to the developing COVID-19 situation, SCORE Traverse City will implement the following changes to our mentoring effective March 14, 2020. All face to face mentoring will be suspended and replaced with either video or phone conferencing to continue to assist you with your business needs. Prior to your scheduled appointment, your mentor will contact you to arrange your preferred communication method. These changes are in effect until further notice.
SCORE has been mentoring new and existing businesses for over 40 years and has a nationwide network of over 13,000 volunteers who donate their time to help entrepreneurs. More than 45 SCORE TC mentors, all local business veterans, are ready to assist small businesses and their operators throughout northern Michigan.
There are three ways to put yourself face-to-face with a knowledgeable, volunteer SCORE TC mentor:
- The quickest way to arrange a specific time and day for counseling is to use the Online Self-Scheduler to make an appointment. Simply choose the date and time that you prefer from among those available. You’ll soon receive an e-mail message from SCORE confirming your appointment*.
- Many find it convenient to contact SCORE by telephone. Dial (888) 796-4913 and leave your name, phone number and a convenient time that you can be reached and a SCORE Mentor will contact you.
- Lastly, send an e-mail to SCORE to request an appointment.
* SCORE TC Mentoring appointments are available at the following places and days:
- The SCORE office at the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, 202 E. Grandview Parkway in Traverse City, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings.
- The Traverse Area District Library on Woodmere on Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
However, as mentioned above, all face to face mentoring has been suspended until further notice.
"SCORE helped us with our business plan and developing financial projections. That business plan helped us secure financing to build our Tasting Room as well as apply for grants. We were awarded a federal grant through the USDA!" - Rove Estate Vineyard & Winery