Putting the necessary processes and procedures in place at the beginning of your business helps ensure that your startup runs effectively and efficiently.
In chapter 7 of the SCORE Startup Roadmap, you’ll establish your startup’s administrative and operational structure.
This includes choosing an accounting system, planning for taxes and setting up payment systems. You’ll also protect your new business by purchasing insurance, creating legal contracts and implementing proper record-keeping procedures.
Taking these steps now is like packing your bags before you set out on a long road trip. You’ll feel confident you have everything you need to enjoy the journey and won’t have to worry about having forgotten something essential.
Check out some of the other chapters in The SCORE Startup Roadmap. You don’t need to watch them all, just the ones your mentor suggests:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
Make your dream of business ownership a reality by completing the SCORE Startup Roadmap, sponsored by FedEx. And if you work with a SCORE mentor, you don’t have to travel alone.