SCORE mentors are comprised of experienced Business Professionals who volunteer their time and counsel those interested in bringing their ideas, their dreams to life.
Think of SCORE as your personal team of business advisors who can help guide you through the complexities of starting your business. We understand that starting a business can be daunting but we will help you step by step.
SCORE has been mentoring new business start-ups for over 40 years and has a nationwide network of over 13,000 volunteers who donate their time and experience to help entrepreneurs just like you. Here in Northern Michigan, more than 45 SCORE mentors with extensive business experience and skill sets from dozens of professions and industries are ready to help.
Your initial meeting with SCORE will focus on gaining a better understanding of your business needs and goals and addressing as many of your key questions as possible. If needed, your mentors will bring in additional SCORE mentors with specialized expertise for subsequent meetings.
There are three ways to put yourself face-to-face with a knowledgeable volunteer SCORE Mentor:
- The quickest way to arrange a specific time and day for mentoring is to use the Online Self-Scheduler to make an appointment. Simply click Schedule Mentoring and choose the date and time that you prefer from among those available. You’ll soon receive an e-mail message from SCORE confirming your appointment*.
- Many find it convenient to contact SCORE by telephone. Dial (888) 796-4913 and leave your name, phone number, and a convenient time that you may be reached and a SCORE Mentor will contact you.
- If all else fails, send an e-mail to SCORE to request an appointment. Include your name, your phone number, and a business subject that you’d like to discuss, and indicate a preferred time on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday that would be convenient for you. A SCORE Mentor will contact you to confirm the time, date, and place*.
* SCORE Mentoring appointments are available at the following places and days:
- The SCORE office at the Traverse City Area Chamber of Commerce, 202 E. Grandview Parkway in Traverse City, on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- The Traverse Area District Public Library, 610 Woodmere Avenue in Traverse City, on Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
Other dates, times, and places may be scheduled by appointment.